Sunday

Happy New Year! 新年快樂!

Hey all,

Happy Lunar New Year! I had a great time celebrating Chinese New Year at a big event - there were about 200 people there. I had committed to singing Jackie Chan's Mandarin interpretation of Mulan's "I'll Make a Man Out of You" on a whim, thinking it would make for good laughs in a group of 20-odd people. So you can imagine my surprise when there were so many more people there than expected! I look forward to seeing a recording of my performance - it can't be good! I'll be sure to post the evidence up here as soon as I get my hands on it...

I also thought I'd share this short entry I wrote in my Moleskine earlier today. Reflecting on my homesickness, I realized why it is so strange for my friends to want to hear about my travels. I realized there were a few loose ends in my thoughts; add an imaginary "...than they are when I am sharing a cup of tea or playing dominoes with them back in California." after "...their movements"



Best,
Ben

2 comments:

r said...

<3

gail said...

Ben,

Happy New Year - can't wait to hear you sing in Chinese!